NCCA Assistance Program in Time of the COVID-19 Crises
Compiled Guidelines and Forms can be found [ HERE ].
Good ACTS (Artists and Craftspeople Trust Support)
Baguio resident/ based artists, craftspeople or creative workers in the Baguio tourism industry who has been impacted by the COVID19 pandemic may apply for assistance. Relief packs and eventual cash assistance will be given on a first-come, first-serve basis, with the only limitation being how much money we are able to raise. The only requirements are (1) you demonstrate you’re an artist by sharing your resume and website, where applicable, and (2) you share this fundraiser with your own networks and provide proof of that activity via a screenshot. [ APPLY HERE ]
𝗣𝗮𝘀𝗮𝘀𝗮𝗹𝗮𝗺𝗮𝘁 𝘀𝗮 𝗦𝗮𝘆𝗮𝘄 𝗔𝘀𝘀𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗴𝗿𝗮𝗺
With the ₱3 Million allotment given to each committee, the NCDance has unanimously decided to give “₱5K CASH ASSISTANCE” to 600 beneficiaries from the dance sector nationwide.
✅ 150 beneficiaries from Luzon
✅ 150 beneficiaries from Visayas
✅ 150 beneficiaries from Mindanao
✅ 150 beneficiaries from NCR
National Committee on Dance
To our dancers, choreographers, dance educators and trainors, the National Committee on Dance (NCD) is currently collecting data and updating its database for a more inclusive information on the dance sector of the country. email@example.com FACEBOOK POST
NCCA’s Assistance Program for Cultural Workers Under the State of Calamity
The National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA) is set to give out P4-million cash assistance to artists and cultural workers displaced by the coronavirus pandemic. Under the “NCCA’s Assistance Program for Cultural Workers Under the State of Calamity,” around 800 beneficiaries will receive P5,000 each net of tax to help them during the extended quarantine period. Freelance artists and cultural workers without regular income or with no benefits will be given priority. SOURCE | FACEBOOK POST
SMALL BUSINESS WAGE SUBSIDY (SBWS) PROGRAM
Ang SBWS ay programa ng gobyerno na magbibigay ng ayuda sa 3.4 milyong empleyado ng 1.5 milyong small businesses nationwide na apektado ng quarantine. Ang kabuuang halaga ng ayuda ay 51 billion pesos. For more information: bit.ly/SmallBusinessWageSubsidy | FACEBOOK POST
DEAR LIVE! For Displaced Freelance AV Live Performance Workers
The FDCP DEAR (Disaster Emergency Assistance and Relief) Program is a quick response fund of the Film Development Council of the Philippines that provides financial assistance to its stakeholders who are directly affected by a major natural disaster or public health emergency like the Covid-19 Pandemic. This disaster-triggered funding mechanism is activated every time the President of the Philippines declares a public emergency or a State of Calamity in the country. FACT SHEET | APPLY
DEAR PRESS! For Displaced Freelance Entertainment Press
For Displaced Freelance Entertainment Press – will give P5,000 financial aid to qualified freelance entertainment press members such as editors, writers and reporters who were also affected by the Covid-19 situation. SOURCE | APPLY
National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA)
275 BILLION PESOS
- #COVID19PH Citizens’ Budget Tracker. NOT YET READY FOR MEDIA / REPORTING. FEEDBACK AND CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM WELCOME VIA firstname.lastname@example.org. GOOGLE DOCUMENT
Realign for Rapid Relief
- April 3, 2020 | An open letter from workers in the arts and culture industry. “Our cultural institutions are mandated to extend economic assistance to artists in times of crisis. We hereby demand the National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA) realign and redirect its abundant 2020 budget approved under the General Appropriations Act to aid freelance artists, cultural workers, and creatives deeply affected by this pandemic.” #CreativeAidPH SIGN THE PETITION
National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA)
- 2020 budget approved under the General Appropriations Act. .PDF FILE
Department of Social Welfare and Development
- April 2, 2020 | The Philippines’ Department of Social Welfare and Development is the executive department of the Philippine Government responsible for the protection of the social welfare of rights of Filipinos and to promote social development.
- The Social Amelioration Program is meant to provide subsidies for 2 months from 5,000 – 8,000 PHP to the poor and informal sector with Senior Citizens, Persons with Disability, Pregnant and Lactating Women, Solo Parents, Overseas Filipinos in Distress, Indigent Indigenous Peoples, Underprivileged Sector and Homeless Citizens, and Informal Economy Workers. Narito ang ilang mahahalagang impormasyon ukol sa Social Amelioration Program ng DSWD: TWEET
National Commission for Culture and the Arts
- April 2, 2020 | The National Commission for Culture and the Arts of the Philippines is the official government agency for culture in the Philippines. Qualified artists/cultural workers can receive 10 days tax-free minimum wage for participating in the TUPAD #BKBK Program. This program is open for freelance or self-employed artists/cultural workers. NCvisualarts2020@gmail.com DEADLINE: April 3, 2020 12NN. FACEBOOK POST
SMEs Given 30-day Rent Relief
- April 2, 2020 | “Pursuant to the provisions of Republic Act No. 11469 providing for a minimum of thirty (30)-day grace period on residential rents, a thirty (30)-day grace period is likewise hereby extended to commercial rents falling due upon micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) within the period of the ECQ, without incurring interests, penalties, fees, and other charges,”. MANILA BULLETIN
Department of Labor and Employment
- April 1, 2020 | The Philippines’ Department of Labor and Employment is the executive department of the Philippine Government mandated to formulate policies, implement programs and services, and serve as the policy-coordinating arm of the Executive Branch.
- The COVID 19 Adjustment Measures Program (CAMP) is meant to provide a subsidy for Senior Citizens, Persons with Disability, Pregnant and Lactating Women, Solo Parents, Overseas Filipinos in Distress, Indigent Indigenous Peoples, Underprivileged Sector and Homeless Citizens, and Informal Economy Workers. DOLE also administers the TUPAD #BKBK which provides the equivalent of daily minimum wage for 10 days of work for the informal sector workers. WEBSITE
DEAR for Displaced Freelance Audio Visual Workers
- March 30, 2020 | For those who have become suddenly unemployed for at least seven (7) work days as a direct result of a major disaster and are not eligible for other government-instituted benefits. The application for the DEAR program and the FDCP National Registry can happen concurrently. A flat rate cash financial assistance of P8,000 will be given to a displaced worker whose application has been approved. WEBSITE
SB Corporation opens P1B loan facility for MSMEs
- March 24, 2020 | The SB Corporation, an agency under the Department of Trade and Industry, said the ERF (Enterprise Rehabilitation Financing) loan fund is open to micro and small enterprises with at least one year continuous operation prior to March 2020, and whose businesses suffered drastic reduction in sales during the ensuing epidemic.
- Micro enterprises with asset size of not more than P3 million may borrow P10,000 up to P200,000 and small enterprises with asset size of not more than P10 million may borrow a higher loan amount but will not exceed P500,000.
- The loan shall be used to help the enterprise stabilize or recover from its losses. Specifically, the following purposes are qualified: 1) Updating of loan amortizations for vehicle loans or other fixed asset loans of the business; 2) Inventory replacement for perishable stocks damaged; and 3) Working capital replacement to restart the business. WEBSITE
Government Responses Around the World
- March 21, 2020 | “Good practice” in government responses to the impact of COVID-19 on the arts and creative industries around the world: WEBSITE
1. Money targeted at the arts and creative industries.
2. Support for the self-employed and freelancers.
3. Direct support without paperwork.
4. Digital and other programs which work with the current environment.